Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Powdered Honey?




Just back from the annual newCAJE conference: The Coalition for the Advancement of Jewish Education. I'm gearing up to start another school year, and I tell ya, I'm feeling pumped and inspired! So I'm sitting here thinking, ok, apples apples apples, but honey is also a huge part of the New Year to remind us to have a sweet year ahead. Honey is so sticky! But I think, hey! What if there was powdered honey? And guess what?! There IS! I can't wait to try it! I ordered it on amazon immediately. Since I have apple pie spice play dough planned the first week of school, I'm thinking I can add this to cloud dough! To let you know, once school starts, I will be posting the recipes I've tried with the kids and give reports on how it went. So I don't know yet, how the oil will react with the powdered honey. This is what I am going to try, and I promise to report how it goes!

 

honey.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cloud dough

16 cups flour

2 cups vegetable oil

powdered honey- enough to make it smell good!

optional- powdered tempra paint

 

 

I should note that this recipe is a sensory bin size recipe, for home use I'd suggest 8 cups flour 1 cup oil.

 

I'll report the results in a few weeks when we try it!

 

Xoxo,

GG

 




**TAKE CAUTION IN USING HONEY WITH CHILDREN, DO NOT GIVE TO CHILDREN UNDER 2**

No comments:

Post a Comment