Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gluten Free Play Dough

Gluten Free Play dough










I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. Sometimes I follow a recipe exactly, and sometimes I use a method and make it my own. I saw gluten free play dough and was intrigued. I clicked the link and followed the recipe listed here.  I do not have celiac’s disease, nor do any of the kids in my class, but I’m always down to try a new texture of play dough. Let me tell you, this one is fantastic!











I made two batches. I followed the recipe exactly, but instead of using apple sauce, I used water. The first batch (the purple batch) came out far too oily! The pink batch came out and was much more accurate to play dough. It definitely has a different texture than play dough with regular flour, salt and oil. The corn starch made it so fun to squish! It was so doughy and boyant! Its somehow lighter, softer, totally uses different muscles in the hand/fingers to manipulate.  I highly suggest making it! I had to add more rice cereal to each batch and knead it until it was done!










What you’ll need:
1 cup Baby Rice Cereal
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil (that’s the amount I finally settled on)
1 cup Corn starch
½ cup water with food coloring in it

Mix together in a bowl, and then knead the water in. It’s best to add the water in slowly. You will need to add rice cereal until it doesn’t stick to your hands. Have fun!












Xoxo,
GG

No comments:

Post a Comment