Thursday, September 18, 2014

"Joey Baby"




photo 3.JPG

 

 


photo 1.JPG











ohoto.JPG


















I was on my way to the bank today when I passed a store I have lived 6 blocks from for almost 6 years. I've always wanted to go in, but I’ve never had the time, money, or reason to. It's a store called "Joey Baby" by Joseph Wahl Arts. It's a kid's store with furniture that he designs and makes, décor and some toys. Also, they have cute lunch boxes and containers. I bought this cool, fairly open ended toy called a "Cubebot." It reminds me of "Playable art beads." it's good for fine motor, imagination and coordination. There's also some patterning involved. As a huge Dodger fan, I had originally stopped to buy a "Go Dodgers!" sign. Joey makes his own vintage looking signs. I'm hoping to commission him to make some signs for my class. I'll post more about the signs when it happens. But for now, here's the toy I'm talking about that I bought. I love going into cute "ma and pa" type places. He was so personable and open to suggestion when I told him about a toy he should be selling. Hoping to collaborate with Joey in the future.

 

Here is where you can find more information about Joe's store and products. Maybe one day he'll be making us a crib and changing table set (both look gorgeous!)

 

Xo,

GG






No comments:

Post a Comment