Sunday, September 14, 2014

Goop



I didn't make this recipe up. I've seen it made tons of times, and honestly have never had the idea to put it into the sensory table until this summer when it was ocean week. That week I made blue sparkly gak. When I worked with older kids I would put this on a table. Sometimes with scissors. A teacher who used to work at our school used to hang strawberry baskets from the ceiling. It would ooze down in clumps, and kids would give it a "haircut."  This week I made it with yellow tempera paint and put it in the sensory table/. The rules of this sensory item are that it must stay in the table. they can ooze it through their fingers. The reason it must stay in the table is that something strange happens to the items when mixed together that make it adhere to clothing. It's made with white glue and liquid starch. Start by mixing equal parts in a large bowl, I put in a squirt or two of yellow paint for color. Begin to stir until it starts to come together . Next, I dumped the concoction into the sensory table. I used my hands to mix the ingredients together until it was a solid slime like mixture. I usually just keep adding starch until it's not sticky and just good to play with. I'm sorry I don't have exact measurements for this one, but it's more of a feeling than an exact science. For those of you who say that they need exact measurements here is one I pulled from pinterest. You can keep it for a while depending on the time of year (germs) and how often you see children sneezing into it :) If it gets to sticky just add more starch a few days later and rub it onto the top.


xoxo,


10665202_761610103887040_2170746433059764559_n[2].jpg10412006_761610070553710_5444475526177028217_n[1].jpgGG


 

No comments:

Post a Comment